JOIN THE PIONEER CLASS THAT BEGINS EVERYTHING
WONGU UNIVERSITY OF ORIENTAL MEDICINE
THE FIRST AND ONLY ORIENTAL MEDICINE UNIVERSITY IN NEVADA OFFERING A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ORIENTAL MEDICINE (MSOM) DEGREE
Wongu University offers a Master of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM) Degree. Our MSOM program consists of 2,500 didactic hours and 1,000 clinical hours for a total of 3,500 program hours to meet Nevada’s high standards.
Wongu University is the only school of Oriental Medicine to pass the Nevada State Board of Oriental Medicine’s stringent curriculum requirements.
Our rigorous Master of Science in Oriental Medicine program provides our students knowledge of ancient oriental medicine, biomedicine, acupuncture, herbology and a clinical experience to become effective and compassionate holistic practitioners and healers.
Wongu students will be trained with world-renowned practitioners and caring faculty.
ADMISSIONS TO THE PROGRAM
Applying to Wongu
- Wongu University operates on a quarter system and accepts applications in a rolling basis.
- Introductory courses in Oriental medicine, acupuncture, and herbology, however, are offered in the Fall and Spring quarters.
- The admissions committee reviews and renders decisions as applications are submitted.
- Wongu encourages applicants to submit the required applications materials as soon as possible and at least 30 days prior to the start date of a new quarter.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale
International students must meet the same admissions requirements and:
- Have all educational credentials evaluated by a credential evaluation agency that is a member of The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) www.naces.org.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency with the following minimum TOEFL scores: iBT = 61 with a minimum speaking exam score of 26 and a minimum listening exam score of 22 or a level 6 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International Students Admissions
Wongu University issues I-20 forms to international students. To begin the process, each prospective international student must contact the Office of Admissions regarding preparation of the student VISA.
Once admitted, international applicants must:
- Submit a completed I-20 Request Form
- Submit evidence of possessing financial resources to complete the academic program including bank balance statements.
- Comply with laws, rules and regulations of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Have academic transcript(s) evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation agency with the original evaluation provided to the University.
- Demonstrate English proficiency.
If an international student is accepted in the Master’s Degree program, an I-20 will be issued to assist the student in obtaining an F-1 student visa. No fee is charged for issuing the I-20 for the first time. It is the student’s obligation to inform the University of address changes since the University must be able to contact the student at any time; otherwise, the enrollment of student will be suspended as required by Federal law.
- Contact the Admissions office at (702) 463-2122 ext. 302 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance with the application process.
- Click here if you wish to fill out our online application or you may download the application, complete, sign and send this application along with all supporting documents listed in the application checklist to Wongu University of Oriental Medicine: 8620 S. Eastern Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89123.
- Applicants are encouraged to initiate and complete the application process well before their expected enrollment term.
- Applicants must acknowledge they have no control over the processing of transcript requests from previously attended schools and the composition of Letters of Recommendation.
- Delays in the transmission of transcripts and the receipt of other application materials may preclude an acceptance decision. Class sizes are limited.
- Only those applicants who have received a positive acceptance decision will be allowed to register for classes.
Note to Applicants
- All forms must be downloaded from Wongu University’s official website.
- Information submitted by the applicant for admission to Wongu University must be complete and accurate.
- Information submitted by the applicant will be considered and treated as strictly confidential.
- Application instructions not present in this document are available online on the “How to Apply” webpage.
- Wongu reserves the right to rescind admissions offers in the event that information submitted is deemed to have been untrue, either by falsification or omission.
- For transferred students, please contact our admission office for more details.
- Upon notification of acceptance, the student will be asked to reserve their space with a $300 non-refundable deposit. This deposit will be applied to the first quarter tuition.